Monday 1 October 2012

So long since I posted

Where to start?  Done the whole Paris and London thing and was so totally caught up in the time away and lack of quality wifi that all my good intentions went straight down the toilet.  C'est la vie!  To sum it all up though, we had so much fun I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.  There was crapiness, yes.  But also much sunshine and cycling and shopping and knitting and making of new friends. 
So much more on the positive side was it, that my beloved has requested that we do it all again for our twentieth anniversary next January.  Just the Paris bit you understand.  He never did get London and we didn't really leave the city so I have yet to acquaint him with England's charms.
Herein lies the rub my friends!  I must lose a substantial amount of baggage that has accumulated around my backside so that I can shimmy along with all those lovely Parisian girls and not look out of place.  Where to start?  I suspect that I have accumulated ALL THE THINGZ as everywhere I look is "overweight" in it's own inimitable way. 
I sold my gorgeous Gertie car.  At 15 years plus, she was going to need some serious work at some stage in the no too distant future however she still started first time (when I ran her enough that her battery charged) and there was no visible rust or smoke coming from her.  It was a wrench but two cars we don't need Chez Harrow so we are stuck with the Great White now.  RIP Gertie, sob!

I'm doing OK - more walking and I have been out on Christmas a few times now - not yet at the stage where the bum doesn't hurt though.  I need to do some riding to and/or from work to get started with the weight losing thing.  Anyhoo, thought I would resurrect this and keep some sort of a record.  Maybe I'll even post some of the gorgeous pictures from France to keep the mood going....stay tuned!

1 comment:

kellyu said...

I'm heading into slight heffalump-esque territory; mainly because I eat the same as my 25,000km a year cycling husband. Ow.

I've signed up to do the 12 Week Body Transformation with Michelle Bridges. The whole diet and exercise thing starts properly around 22 November (you do the 12 weeks together with people around Australia) but signup period is now until about October 22. The month between signup and the challenge is called pre-season. It doesn't seem too horrific, and the food looks pretty good.