Tuesday 27 December 2016

Christmas 2016

Merry Christmas to anyone who calls in to check up on me here.  It's been a relatively quiet one Chez Harrow.  My Mum came to stay for a couple of days which was lovely even if I stressed over getting things just so.  I know she loves me whatever.  Made her up a Christmas Stocking just like the ones we used to get when my brother and I were kids - piece of fruit in the tip, chocolate (Lindor balls in this case - adult chocolate!), a book (kept us amused until the adults work up).  She didn't open it all until we were all up though. We had a lovely dinner Christmas Eve - barbecued prawns, salads and nice wine with Christmas chocolate brownies for dessert.
















Christmas lunch was a rerun with the leftover prawns and salad, sitting outside on a very pleasant day with a sparkling malbec.  Dinner was hmmm, how shall I put it, a bit fraught with disaster.  The barbecue ran out of gas just as we put the fish in to cook, the potatoes wouldn't brown, nothing seemed to work - it was a late meal as are all Christmas dinners.  The fish was delicious.  The potatoes never really came out the way I had hoped but everyone said that it was all good.  Pavlova with fresh raspberries and nectarines followed.



I'm still destashing and getting rid of dross but things are starting to improve - from my perspective.  The house is still overly cluttered and I am still stressing every time I take a trip to give away clothes.  The Scrooge in me wants to sell everything and make a buck but that wold involve opening a shop!  Seriously won't happen if I do things that way and I have so much crap that I need to make this happen yesterday.  This will be the continuing story into 2017.

I've yet to make the decision on whether I go back into the workforce on whatever level but there's still plenty of time for that yet!

No comments: